THE NEIGHBORHOOD DEFENDER SERVICE OF HARLEM (NDS) is a community-based, client-centered, holistic public defense office located in Harlem, providing criminal, civil, and family representation. NDS Clients are represented by multidisciplinary teams. NDS is accepting applications for the position of Information and Technology Technician.
NDS represents residents of Northern Manhattan who are entangled in the criminal, civil or family court systems in Manhattan and who cannot afford to hire a lawyer. Clients are represented by teams composed of lawyers, investigators, social workers, team administrators and interns. NDS also provides pre-arrest representation to clients under threat of arrest. NDS adheres to a client-centered approach to representation that emphasizes a heightened responsiveness to clients’ needs prior to arrest, while a case is pending, and after the case concludes. NDS is committed to addressing the comprehensive legal and social service needs of clients.
NDS has two (2) openings for an Information and Technology Technician (“IT Technician”). In this position the IT Technician is responsible for providing prompt and efficient technical support with varying degrees of complexity for all levels of NDS staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform high-level resolution of computer and applications related problems.
- Assist users with preliminary identification of computer and application related issues.
- Manage IT helpdesk, with a high degree of professionalism.
- Escalate issues as required and ensure a timely distribution of information within the organization in order to expedite resolutions.
- Maintain support documentation as needed.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot computer hardware and software.
- Accurately maintain case tracking systems.
- Troubleshoot both PC and Mac hardware and software, including tablets and cellular phones.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience in supporting users.
- Strong technical background in computer hardware and software, and troubleshooting required.
- Knowledge of both PC and Mac hardware and software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, with the ability to quickly learn and incorporate new releases and updates.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Ability to assist users with application related questions and issues.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with staff in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize among competing needs, and respond quickly to requests for information.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree strongly preferred with relevant years of experience and/or training.
- HS diploma or equivalent required and additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree.
- Additional technical training a plus.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and is in adherence to the NDS compensation scale. Full medical and dental benefits, as well as other benefits, are provided.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Information and Technology Technician” Please send your application as a one document attachment, preferably PDF.
The Neighborhood Defender Service of Harlem is committed to creating a diverse environment that reflects the community we serve. NDS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Neighborhood Defender Service, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.